Thursday, January 26, 2012

A day of freedom



There are times, when our hand pulls us to write something, but mind refuses to open its door, and prevents thoughts from intruding in. Since last few days, countless imaginations have been knocking my mind, but concentration is finding it difficult to stop by one of them. 
Out of several orphan thoughts floating around, I snatched one, and accomplished its desire of being articulated through words.
The words sprinkled in this poem are randomly organized, as if, they have been competing with each other to be presented first.  I hope, you’ll enjoy this randomness!

My Lord!  I am begging you,
just one day of superfluous freedom,
I want to fly above the,
deep clouds of ultimate imaginations.
Give me the infallible wings of-
wisdom and enthusiasm,
so that I can tear apart the,
storms of archaic rules and regulations.


Make me light, as light as a feather,
I want to soar upon the-
heaviness of cold weather.
Shower on me, your golden sunshine,
each ray piercing through my bare skin,
and
make me pure, as pure as your love,
so that I am deserved to be called,
a messenger of your divine soul.


Lift me up, from the ground of reality,
and fling me to fly, in the sky of fantasy,                                
I want to pluck thoughts-
this one and that too,
so as to give them words,
who are waiting to be spoken to.
Let the birds, envy me,
watching me flying,  much beyond their limit,
and the breeze, shiver out of fear,
when I take a deep breath of freedom, satisfactorily.  

14 comments:

Sagittarian said...

O, So WONDERFUL Aki ! I love it! This is real!:) The spirits was showing with your words Aki! :)

Thank you so much,:) more.. more..pls..? Muaaahhh! :) Smile..:)

Samrat said...

Hi, Aaki, wow, absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work. Have a great day.

Aakriti said...

Hi Rose: I hope you have enjoyed! :)

Aakriti said...

@Samrat: Thanks for your words! :)
A great day to you too! :)

~♥Sie♥~ said...

wow and why have I not found your site even before..I came across you Aakriti on Balqis and Sagittarian and now I am reading your post..I was inspired..

"make me pure, as pure as your love,
so that I am deserved to be called,
a messenger of your divine soul."

I love every line..thank you for this post..I'm glad to be your new follower..I'll be back ;)

Aakriti said...

Hello Sie,
A heartily welcome to my blog! I am glad that you dropped by and thanks for leaving a lovely comment for my work! :)
Thank you so much!
Keep visiting! :)

Saru Singhal said...

Give me the wings so that I can fly...

Beautiful expression!

Aakriti said...

Hi Saru, I wish we all could get those wonderful wings and fly across the zenith! :)
Thanks for being here! :)

Balqis said...

Really SUPERB! I'm lost in the fantasy of this wonderful poem. :)

Aakriti said...

Thanks Baliqs! :)

Sagittarian said...

Hi Aki,..:) Passing by again to read and read once again your poem here, I love it..:) thank you for this one..:)

Aakriti said...

Hello Rose, this is the first time when someone is reading my poem twice and appreciating it again! Thank you so much for your words!
Lots of love! :)

Satyajit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Satyajit Dash said...

right words at right places :)