Thursday, May 14, 2015

Crossing the Road

Some clock long back, 
while crossing the road track,
amidst the crowd of wheels,
I was timid on my heels.

You came beside me,
and held my hand,
I turned side to see,
who’s holding my hand!

Your black GAP pull-over,
veiled  your face all over,
you didn't turned to me,
your face, I wanted to see.

A fraction of moment passed,
I forgot the first and the last,
you dragged me to the counter track,
all along I lost  my mental track.

You were holding my hand tenderly,
preventing the hurt of a touch,
we crossed the road track breezily,
avoiding the worldly smudge.

We departed at the other end,
for the time that will soon end,
for the serendipity that happened,
for the “something” just happened.

Way back I was wondering,
your face I was imagining,
the peace I was enjoying,
some song I was humming.

The hand which you have held,

I kept it untouched for days,
to preserve the freshness of your presence,
to savour the beauty of your fragrance.

Let me know your name, not,
let me know not where you live,
I am happy with the endless fantasies,
for a reality is meant to hurt us more!


0 comments: